Vegan Konjac Sponge - Available in Natural, Green French Clay or Activated Charcoal
Konjac sponges are a multi-use 100% biodegradable sponge made from vegetable fiber; pH balanced and kind to skin. Approximately 8 cm wide, these fit perfectly in the palm of your hand - simply add water and enjoy the ultimate natural skin care.
How to Use
- If you're using your sponge for the first time, try soaking it in water for a few minutes first, this will allow the sponge to expand and soften. Then give it a squeeze to release any excess water and you're good to go.
- Konjac Sponges are very gentle, even more so than scrubs which makes them ideal for daily exfoliating and are a kinder alternative to muslin cloths or a flannel. Wipe away old dead skin cells and leave your skin with a smooth, glowing complexion.
- Use as a makeup remover with or without a cleanser - you can gently run one around the delicate eye area to remove mascara and water based make-up.
Which Sponge is For Me?
We have three types of Konjac Sponge available: in Natural, Green French Clay or Activated Charcoal.
- Natural - The 100% pure Konjac is suitable for all skin types, and all ages. It can be used to exfoliate the skin, and aid in the removal of blackheads. The structure of the vegetable fibers can help to stimulate blood flow and promote skin cell renewal.
- Green French Clay - Ideal for normal, oily and combination skin. Using the benefits of french green clay, this Konjac helps to tighten your pores, tone your complexion and revitalize any damaged skin cells. Naturally drawing out impurities and toxins to leave you with a smoother, fresh complexion.
- Activated Charcoal - Suitable for oily, teenage or blemish prone skin. This can be used for a deep clean, to aid in eliminating blackheads, removing dirt and plus excess oils and toxins. Activated Charcoal being a natural antioxidant means it can help eliminate stubborn bacteria from acne, and can be used as a natural and effective treatment for acne prone skin.
Looking After Your Sponge
Once you've finished using your sponge to cleanse, make sure this is rinsed out and hang it to air-dry over night. If you use your sponge daily, we recommend changing it every 1-2 months - these are biodegradable, so they can be composted along with your fruit and veggie remains.
Ingredients - What is Konjac?
Konjac is named after the Konjac Potato (Konnyaku) and is native to Asia. Being 97% water, these are rich in mineral goodness and naturally alkaline, which when used a a sponge leaves your skin feeling balanced. It is said the Konjac Sponge was originally created by Japanese farmers, and was used to wash babies' skin as the sponge was so gentle and natural. Konjac has been used in Asia for over 1,500 years as medicine, food, dieting aid and a beauty product.
Environmental & Ethical Information
Cruelty Free & Against Animal Testing
Colouring & Additive Free
About Buddha Beauty
The Buddha Beauty company offers a range of natural and organic beauty products with exquisite fragrances. Their philosophy is simply the idea of "feeling good", that the combination of products and fragrances should bring nature together; ensuring that coarse chemicals like Sodium Laurel Sulphate and other Paraben preservatives are surplus to requirement.
Through inspiration from the exotic spas in the Far East, Buddha Beauty was born through its world travelling founder who admired the many lands he visited. Since then, they have created an elegant range of skincare products that work in harmony with nature.
They are strongly against animal testing, committed to maintaining a carbon neutral status throughout their development, and their products do not contain any animal derived ingredients.
UK 1st Class Royal Mail – Flat charge £3.10, or Free on orders over £40
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays) & goods leave that day. Delivery after dispatch is 1-3 working days.
UK Special Delivery Royal Mail by 1pm next working day – from £8.60
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays). Doesn’t deliver on public holidays or Saturdays. Friday orders delivered Monday, you will need to sign for the goods. The exact price is based upon weight of items.
Choose between Royal Mail post (cheaper and slower) or DHL (more expensive and faster).
• Royal Mail to Europe 3-6 working days after dispatch - from £4.20 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £19.96.
• Royal Mail to Outside Europe 6-10 working days after dispatch - from £6.48 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Outside Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £25.00.
Order by 3pm for Royal Mail and 12 midday (Monday – Friday) for DHL, for dispatch on that day (Excludes public holidays). Exact price and transit time based on combination of destination and weight of parcel.
We accept returns of unopened / unused products within 60 days, please refer to our FAQ page for more information on this.