Empower Your Life with Sophrology by Philip Carr-Gomm
Quick and simple exercises to reduce stress, boost self-esteem, and help you find joy
About the Book
Find calm, confidence and a renewed zest for life with Sophrology, the latest stress-reducing self-care practice that connects mind and body to increase your resilience, happiness and sense of fulfilment.
Sophrology is an amazing mind-body training system that uses quick and simple exercises to increase your confidence and self-esteem, bringing you a renewed sense of vitality while at the same time calming and relaxing you. This dynamic system of relaxation is hugely popular in France, and is used to train Olympic teams, develop resilience among pupils and teachers in schools, alleviate symptoms for cancer patients, encourage stress-free pregnancies and child-birth, reduce anxiety and phobias, and foster recovery from burn-out. Its popularity in France has been growing ever since it was first developed by a neuropsychiatrist over 50 years ago, and it's now crossed the language barrier and is rivalling mindfulness as the best way to deal with the stresses of modern living. Sophrology exercises take no more than a few minutes, yet their effects can be felt immediately. Whether you need more energy, or are struggling with anxiety, sleep difficulties, or an inability to focus on what you really want, Sophrology can help you achieve your goals, and create a positive future filled with wellbeing.
On the Back of the Book
Discover why sophrology is also known as "mindfulness plus". Find calm, confidence, and a renewed zest for life with the latest stress-reducing self-care practice that connects mind and body to increase your resilience, happiness, and sense of fulfillment.
- Mindfulness is integral to sophrology, yet its exercises offer so much more.
- Sophrology uses dynamic relaxation - simple postures and physical movement, combined with attention to breathing and visualization to relax your body and mind deeply, while also introducing a sense of vitality and stimulating your brain.
- However busy your life, you can easily include this practice in your daily routine. The exercises take just a few minutes and are also supported by audio-visual instructions you can access online.
- Use this guide as your personal sophrology coach to help you transform your life: learn how to reduce stress and anxiety, sleep better, feel more at home in your body, more settled in your feelings, and clearer in your mind.
Total Pages: 144 (Paperback)
About Philip Carr-Gomm
Philip Carr-Gomm is a psychologist, psychotherapist, and a sophrologist, and the author of over a dozen books. A fluent French speaker, he trained in sophrology with Dorna Revie at the Sophrology Center, Geneva, and holds a practitioner diploma in sophrology. He is a graduate member of the British Psychological Society and the International Sophrology Federation, has a private practice in sophrology and psychotherapy, and runs sophrology training courses. He lives in East Sussex, UK.
UK 1st Class Royal Mail – Flat charge £3.10, or Free on orders over £40
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays) & goods leave that day. Delivery after dispatch is 1-3 working days.
UK Special Delivery Royal Mail by 1pm next working day – from £8.60
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays). Doesn’t deliver on public holidays or Saturdays. Friday orders delivered Monday, you will need to sign for the goods. The exact price is based upon weight of items.
Choose between Royal Mail post (cheaper and slower) or DHL (more expensive and faster).
• Royal Mail to Europe 5-10 working days after dispatch - from £4.20 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £19.96.
• Royal Mail to Outside Europe 10-15 working days after dispatch - from £6.48 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Outside Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £25.00.
Order by 3pm for Royal Mail and 12 midday (Monday – Friday) for DHL, for dispatch on that day (Excludes public holidays). Exact price and transit time based on combination of destination and weight of parcel.
We accept returns of unopened / unused products within 60 days, please refer to our FAQ page for more information on this.