The Power of Breath and Hand Yoga by Christine Burke
Pranayama and Mudras for Health and Well-Being
In The Power of Breath and Hand Yoga, Christine Burke shows how, using only your breath and your hands, you can heal both physical and emotional conditions and improve your overall well-being.
- Breath awareness has been linked to calming the body ahd brain, regulating blood pressure, improving memory and immune function, preventing heart attacks, and easing chronic pain and asthma.
- Hand yoga, known as mudras, are poses and positions that channel energy and offer a point of focus during meditation.
- Breathwork and hand yoga offer similar benefits to meditation but can be done anywhere at any time.
- Included are 11 breathing techniques and 36 hand yoga practices, clearly explained and stylishly illustrated.
- Learn how to apply these practices to 36 conditions of the body and mind.
- Every practice also includes a "jewel thought" meditation, which can accompany the breath technique and/or hand yoga practice.
Total Pages: 144 (Hardback)
About the Author
Christine Burke is a registered yoga teacher at the 800-hour-plus level. Her studio, Liberation Yoga, opened in 2004 and has been named in the "Top 20 Yoga Studios in the World" by Travel & Leisure Magazine. She is the author of The Yoga Healer, which was awarded the "Best Yoga Book" for 2017 by Soul & Spirit magazine, and her writing has been featured in LA Times, LA Weekly and several other publications. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and their daughter, Clementine.
UK 1st Class Royal Mail – Flat charge £3.10, or Free on orders over £40
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays) & goods leave that day. Delivery after dispatch is 1-3 working days.
UK Special Delivery Royal Mail by 1pm next working day – from £8.60
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays). Doesn’t deliver on public holidays or Saturdays. Friday orders delivered Monday, you will need to sign for the goods. The exact price is based upon weight of items.
Choose between Royal Mail post (cheaper and slower) or DHL (more expensive and faster).
• Royal Mail to Europe 3-6 working days after dispatch - from £4.20 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £19.96.
• Royal Mail to Outside Europe 6-10 working days after dispatch - from £6.48 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Outside Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £25.00.
Order by 3pm for Royal Mail and 12 midday (Monday – Friday) for DHL, for dispatch on that day (Excludes public holidays). Exact price and transit time based on combination of destination and weight of parcel.
We accept returns of unopened / unused products within 60 days, please refer to our FAQ page for more information on this.