Incense Resin & Charcoal Kit (Frankincense, Myrrh & Copal)
Everything you need to start burning resins! We find that Frankincense is usually the most popular, but this kit also includes Myrrh and Copal resin for a bit of variation!
Incense resins are naturally occurring substances that are harvested from trees. The resin is usually obtained from live trees via “tapping”. This is done in a sustainable way so that the tree continues to thrive.
Fresh resins are often fragrant although some resins do not give much scent off until they are burnt. The best way to burn incense resins is to put them onto a hot charcoal disc. Normally only a sprinkle is needed. If you put too much on top then it can smother the charcoal discs. Allow the discs five minutes to get up to temperature before putting the resin on top. Check out the video at the bottom of this page for a full guide on how to burn resin on a charcoal disc.
Sending as a Gift?
Not a problem! When you get to the checkout there will be a small box for you to enter any extra information about your order. Just let us know that it is a gift for someone and we'll make sure not to include the invoice in your parcel. If you'd like to include a gift message in your order, we can write this on a small handwritten card.
This Kit Includes
- A Black Cast Iron Incense Resin Bowl with Lid - This is a heavy and robust incense holder perfect for use with burning charcoal discs, resins and also incense cones, or filled with ash for holding incense sticks.
- Excelsior Charcoal Tablets (Tube of 10 Tablets) - The charcoal is coated with a special material which means that it can be lit with a lighter or possibly a match. The coating sparks across the charcoal surface and then should be left for a few minutes until it has started to heat through. These excelsior tablets are fast lighting, smoke-free, odourless, tasteless and long burning and means they shouldn't interfere with the scent of the incense.
- Brass Tongs - These can be used as a safe method for either holding your charcoal tablets as you light them or for placing resins on your charcoal disk once alight in a burner.
- 3 Resin Pots including: Frankincense, Myrrh & Copal Resins (see below for more information about each of these resins).
Please note, after using the Cast Iron Bowl for burning charcoal, this will stay hot for a period afterwards. We recommend leaving this until it has cooled before moving. If you do need to move the bowl, (whilst wearing something heat-proof to protect your fingers), find a secluded spot in the garden out of the way of children / pets, on concrete or the kitchen sink; so long as there is something heat proof underneath it. You can pour water over this - but be warned, it does make a mess!
More About Frankincense
Frankincense resin is light coloured and yellowy and when burnt it produces a rich, dense fragrance. It's one of the best fragrances to burn for cleansing and clearing, as it can clear and refresh even the toughest and worst atmospheres. It's good for clearing a room of other people's left-behind energy, or a new house if you're about to move in and make it your own.
It's also particularly good for people who are working on their spiritual progress and want to clearly open up to higher spiritual elements, as it can help communication on a higher plane. Additionally, it has warming and relaxing properties and is a good choice for dealing with stress.
More About Myrrh
Myrrh resin is dark brown in colour, a bit like caramel, and when burnt it produces an earthy, almost pine-like scent. It's well known for its grounding and calming properties. It's great, for example, to burn if you feel like you need to get your feet solidly back on the ground or need to remain firmly grounded whilst providing healing for others. It's also believed to have sensuous properties, and was often burnt along with other substances, such as benzoin, aloe and sandalwood, as a way of enhancing this.
Myrrh is burned as an incense to bring peace to a situation, understand personal sorrow, and expand spiritual awareness. Myrrh also has a practical use as in insect repellent.
More About Copal
The white form has a light, bright, fruity scent. It's said to be cleansing for the spirit and can help with mental and spiritual work. Unlike the other forms, white is harvested as a liquid then left until it's dried out.
UK Royal Mail Tracked 48 – Flat charge £3.50, or free on orders over £40
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays) for same day dispatch. Delivery after dispatch is 2-3 working days.
UK Royal Mail Tracked 24 – Flat charge £4.70, or £1.70 on orders over £40
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays) for same day dispatch. Delivery after dispatch is 1-2 working days.
UK Special Delivery Royal Mail by 1pm next working day – from £9.80
Order by 3pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays) for same day dispatch. No delivery at weekends or bank holidays, orders dispatched on Friday will be delivered on Monday. A signature is required. The exact price is based upon the weight of items in the basket.
Choose between Royal Mail post (cheaper and slower) or DHL (more expensive and faster).
• Royal Mail to Europe 3-6 working days after dispatch - from £4.20 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £19.96.
• Royal Mail to Outside Europe 6-10 working days after dispatch - from £6.48 (2 kg max.)
• DHL to Outside Europe from 1-2 days after dispatch - from £25.00.
Order by 3pm for Royal Mail and 12 midday (Monday – Friday) for DHL, for dispatch on that
day (Excludes public holidays). Exact price and transit time based on combination of
destination and weight of parcel.
We accept returns of unopened / unused products within 60 days, please refer to our FAQ page for more information on this.