This bullet shaped pendant is made from black obsidian crystal. It is very lightweight, easy and comfortable to wear around the neck with a chain and a sterling silver loop is attached to the very top of the pendant.
The pendant itself has been neatly carved and the outside is completely smooth; if you look from the very top or the very bottom you can see it has been shaped with 6 sides to the pendant in a hexagon shape.
You will find that with certain crystals the colouring or shading can vary, however with black obsidian the colouring and quality is always constant.
Please Note: This pendant does not come with a chain. Please click here to see our Sterling Silver Chains.
Size of Pendant: Not including the sterling silver loop, this pendant is approximately 3.1 cm in length and roughly 8 mm in width.
Dictionary Terms Explained
- Protection, grounding, prophecy
The energy of obsidian is protective, guarding and secure, reminding us to protect ourselves against the harsh words or actions of others or from the stresses and strains of life. It's good to have around in a working environment where there may be stress. It can also be used as a tool to aid grounding, and for uniting body and spirit, bringing them into harmony and focus. Obsidian cuts through all that is superfluous and brings us right back to the truth of how we are and how the world around us truly is. It may promote deep soul healing and also help connect with past lives.
In addition to the above certain types of obsidian may bring other attributes:
* Black obsidian Pieces of polished black obsidian or obsidian spheres are often used for scrying (seeing things supernaturally within a medium, such as crystal, for divination of past, present or future).
* Snowflake obsidian has inclusions of a white mineral (phenocryst) which give the impression of snowflakes when polished. These snowflakes can be seen to represent aspects of your life on the backdrop of the great black void from which we are all said to have come. This symbolism can help us to see our life more clearly so we can change what we don't like and keep what we do. Calming and soothing.
* Mahogany obsidian contains reddy brown aspects (caused by iron). The symbolism here is taking the depth of our existence (the black void) and bringing it into our own human life (our charisma and fire). In this way we can create a connection with our true purpose and our life work on earth.
- Protection, mystery, transformation
As a colour, black reflects no light in the visible spectrum, which is why it’s often had a strong association with the unknown, with magic and mystery.
Although black can be viewed as a dark, negative and forbidding colour, it also has very positive meanings too. Due to its deep, black and empty look, black can be viewed as restful and something which can transform ideas or possibilities. For example, used in meditations, you can drift into the black emptiness and emerge once more full of hope and possibility.
If you enjoy working with gemstones and crystals, then the black stones, such as jet, onyx, obsidian and black tourmaline, are excellent as grounding stones. They also have protective energies and can be used to help clear negativity and bad energy.
In the Western world, black is the colour of funerals, as people wear black and use black hearses to transport coffins. The commonly associated garb of witches is a black cloak, accompanied by a black cauldron, out of which they conjured up magic and mystery. For Native Americans, black was viewed in favourable terms, as it was the colour of the earth, out of which life and crops grow.
When worn as a colour, black can generate a protective feel, helping you blend into the crowd, yet when coupled with white for formal attire, it can also help create an air of elegance and sophistication.
Delivery Price & Returns Policy
UK Delivery - More info
Return - In good condition within 60 days for full refund. More info